Scholarships.com College Health Scholarship
by EmilyAs a means of promoting diversity and developing talent, Scholarships.com has created a new set of scholarship awards for high school students and undergraduate students. The Scholarships.com Area of Study College Scholarship competition consists of thirteen $1,000 prizes to be granted to students pursuing a college education in one of thirteen designated fields and 185 related majors.
Among them is the Scholarships.com College Health Scholarship, an award for students who are pursuing or planning to pursue a degree in a health-related field. To ensure that current and future medical students, nursing students, and others planning to use their education to promote health and wellness receive the funds they need to afford a quality education, we have created a scholarship opportunity especially for them.
If you’re interested in applying for the Scholarships.com College Health Scholarship, read the scholarship information below or check your scholarship search results to see if your major qualifies. Then complete the online scholarship application and submit an essay of 250 to 350 words in response to the following question (entries that fall outside of this word range will be disqualified):
“What has influenced your decision to pursue a career in health care/medicine?”
- Applicant must be a registered Scholarships.com user. Creating an account is simple and free of charge. After you have created an account, conduct a free scholarship search to view and apply for this award.
- Applicant must be a US citizen.
- Applicant must be a current undergraduate student or a high school senior who plans to enroll in a college or university by fall 2009.
- Applicant must have indicated an interest in one of the following majors:
- Ambulatory Health Care
- Dental Assistant
- Family Practice
- Health Care Administration
- Health Education
- Internal Medicine
- Maxillofacial Radiology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Technologist
- Neural and Behavioral Science
- Nursing/Nurse Practitioner
- Nutrition Studies
- Occupational Therapy
- Oral Radiology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Fitness
- Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation
- Physician’s Assistant
- Public Health
- Respiratory Care
- Science (Health)
- Speech/Language Pathology
- Sports Medicine
- Therapeutic Health Technician
- Vision Rehabilitation
November 30, 2008
A 250 to 350 word response to the following question: “What has influenced your decision to pursue a career in health care/medicine?”
Further details about the application process can be found by conducting a free college scholarship search. Once the search is completed, students eligible for the award will find it in their scholarship list.