HSF/Marathon Oil Corp. Scholarship Program
The HSF/Marathon Oil Corporation Scholarship Program is a scholarship of up to $15,000 per year. Selected students will receive up to $10,000 for two academic years for a possible total award of $30,000.
In addition, scholars will be offered the opportunity to participate in a possible paid 8-10 week summer internship at various Marathon Oil Corporation locations. Scholars will also be paired with a Marathon Oil Corporation employee who will serve as a professional mentor.
Only students who meet the following eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply:
- Be of Hispanic American, African American, Asian Pacific Islander American, or American Indian/Alaskan Native heritage.
- Be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States with a valid Social Security Number at the time of application. All legal permanent residents must submit a copy of their valid permanent resident card or passport stamped I-551.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale.
- Be a sophomore majoring in chemical engineering, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, geology, geophysics, accounting, marketing, global procurement or supply chain management, environmental health & safety, energy management or petroleum land management, transportation & logistics or geotechnical engineering.
- Or be a senior planning to earn a Masters degree in geology or geophysics.
- Agree to participate in a possible paid summer internship opportunity with Marathon Oil Corporation.
- Must apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Students may apply online to our scholarship programs by visiting our website.