CHS Foundation University Scholarship Program
The CHS Foundation invests in the future of agriculture and rural America through a strong commitment to education and leadership development. Students currently studying agriculture at select universities around the nation may be eligible to apply for a CHS Foundation University Scholarship. Nearly 150 $1,000 scholarships are awarded annually.
Scholarship recipients are selected by the following criteria:
- Students are working towards an agricultural-related degree to pursue a career in agribusiness or production agriculture
- Students will be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year; students are eligible to receive the scholarship multiple years
- First preference will be given to students with an interest in agricultural-based cooperatives; this may include, but not be limited to students who have:
- Demonstrated interest through educational experiences focusing on cooperatives, which may include, but is not limited to international study tours, professional development, conferences, job shadowing, current membership/involvement with an agricultural cooperative
- Interned, worked or plan to work for an agricultural-based cooperative
- Taken a course covering cooperative business structure
To apply, eligible students should contact the financial aid, foundation or College of Agriculture offices of a participating university (listed below). Deadlines vary for individual universities. Scholarship recipients are selected by a designated committee at each participating university. These selection committees are independent from the CHS Foundation.