Cynthia E. Morgan Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship was established in 2005 in the name of Cynthia E. Morgan, who passed away in October 2004 after a courageous, but all-too-brief, fight with stomach cancer. It has been established in an attempt to aid select college students in paying for their post-secondary education. This year’s scholarship is set at $1,000.
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicant must:
- Be a current resident of the state of Maryland
- Be a junior or senior at a Maryland high school, or currently attending (or plan to attend) an accredited Maryland post-secondary school (college, university, trade school, or medical school)
- Be the first person in his/her immediate family who will be attending a Maryland accredited post-secondary school; "immediate family" is defined as consisting of direct family lineage, such as brothers/sisters, mothers/fathers, and grandparents on either mother’s or father’s side
- Be planning to enter a medical or medical-related field; medical or medical-related field shall mean the professional work of a duly licensed medical practitioner; this includes, but is not limited to, nurses, laboratory scientists, pharmacists, physiotherapists, speech therapists, occupational therapists, dietitians and bioengineers (this does not include administrative services such as secretarial or sales careers)
- Be attending, or planning to attend, a Maryland post-secondary institution or medical training school (i.e. Medix School or qualified nursing program)