CBC Spouses Visual Arts scholarship
The CBC Spouses Visual Arts scholarship was established in 2006 for students who are pursuing a degree in the visual arts.
Applicants must be preparing to pursue an undergraduate degree full-time, or be a current full-time student in good academic standing at a U.S. accredited college or university located within the United States. Applicants must also have a minimum 2.5 GPA, exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities. This scholarship does not have a residency requirement.
Complete applications must be submitted online and must include:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement essay from the student (500-1,000 words) that addresses all four (4) of the topics listed on the application in one essay
- Two (2) letters of recommendation. One recommendation should come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization). Email addresses will be requested of each recommender
- Copy of Federal Student Aid Report
- One (1) page resume listing extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service and special skills
- A recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph)
- Five (5) original pieces of artwork from the art genre for which are you applying (AN ART SAMPLE MUST BE PROVIDED TO BE ELIGIBLE). Each piece should be titled with the dimension and media of the original piece
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended to be sent to the following address:
CBC Spouses Visual Arts Scholarship
1720 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, D.C. 20036