Selby Foundation - Selby Scholar Scholarship Program
This scholarship is designed for students graduating from high school in Sarasota, Manatee, Charlotte or DeSoto counties or from Manatee Community College who reside in any of these counties who are pursuing a degree from a four-year college or university.
Scholarships will be awarded up to $7,000 per year, not to exceed one third of the individual's financial need. Scholarships are renewable, with certain requirements, for the four years the student is a full-time undergraduate at an accredited college or university.
Scholarship awards will be based on:
- Demonstrated financial need
- 3.0 unweighted grade point average
- High school transcript showing SAT or ACT scores
- Evidence of personal growth potential through one recommendation from a teacher and two recommendations from community members describing the student's active participation in school and/or community activities, and/or active employment to support self and/or family
- Perspective on personal values and future plans reflected through essays
- A personal interview.
Please apply online. Application deadline is April 1st. For more information, please visit our website.