American Legion Auxiliary Minnesota Legionnaire Insurance Trust Scholarships
The purpose of this scholarship, sponsored by the American Legion, Department of Minnesota, is to provide financial assistance to students to further their education in any Minnesota university, college, vocational school or other accredited institution of higher education, or in states with Minnesota reciprocity.
- Applicant must be a legal resident of the state of Minnesota and a U.S. citizen
- Applicant shall be a veteran, a child of a veteran or a grandchild of a veteran
- Applicant must meet the academic standards of the school he or she wishes to attend
- Applicant must have a good record of school and community citizenship
- Applicant must have the desire to pursue an education beyond high school
Awards will be made on the basis of personal need with consideration given to the desire to continue education, ability to succeed, career to be pursued, and purpose for which scholarship is to be used. The decisions of the committee, composed of the members of the Education and Scholarship Committee or its duly appointed agents, will be final.
The maximum scholarship award is $500 and is for one year only, but application may be made for aid in succeeding years should no applications be received for first year studies. The $500 will be sent to the institution of the student's choice before the fall quarter/semester.
- High school transcript must be included (if applicant is a veteran, no transcript is needed)
- Applicant should include a personal letter
- Applicant should include at least two (2) letters of recommendation
- An American Legion Post Official must sign application
If you have any questions, please call 651-291-1800 or email email@example.com