The Estelle Beaumont Ellison Scholarship Fund
The Estelle Beaumont Ellison Scholarship Fund was created through an endowment by Ellison, who actively contributed to their community, showing great concern for young people and giving generously to numerous charities that benefited children. The scholarships in the fund will be awarded in two categories, those of Individual Seminary Scholarships, available for persons canonically resident in the Diocese of West Texas who enroll as postulants in an accredited Christian seminary, and Individual Educational Scholarships, for persons who are members of Christ Episcopal Church or who are residing in the greater San Antonio area and enroll in accredited educational institutions at secondary, undergraduate or graduate levels.
Individual Seminary Scholarships
- Scholarships will be awarded for a single year; applications may be renewed for succeeding years.
- Applications for individual seminary scholarships will receive priority over individual educational scholarships.
- Age limits do not apply on seminary applicants.
- Amount of seminary scholarships will be individually decided.
Individual Educational Scholarships
- Scholarships will be awarded for a single year; applications may be renewed for succeeding years. Preference will generally be given to renewal applicants who are satisfactorily continuing the pursuit of a degree program.
- Individual Educational Scholarships are limited to students between the ages of 14 and 30 years.
- Individual Educational Scholarships will be awarded in amounts from approximately $500 to $3,000 per year.
- A new application is required (as opposed to a renewal application) when submitting a request for graduate school, or an alternate degree program.