ACS Scholars Program
The basic criteria remain the same for all components fo the American Chemical Society Scholars Program. Application to the basic American Chemical Society Scholars Program automatically places the applicant in consideration for the sponsored components. The number and duration of scholarship awards is subject to available funding and the intent of the co-sponsoring group or organization.
To be considered a candidate, students should be:
- African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or American Indian
- a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.
- a full-time student at an accredited college, university, or community college
- high academic achievers in chemistry or science (Grade Point Average 3.0, "B" or better)
- able to demonstrate evidence of financial need according to FAFSA form (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and the Student Aid Report (SAR) form
- a graduating high school senior, college freshman, sophomore or junior intending to or already majoring in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or a chemically-related science and planning a career in the chemical sciences or chemical technology
Please note that students intending to enter pre-med programs or pursing a degree in pharmacy are not eligible for this scholarship. For additional details about the ACS Scholars Program call 1-800-227- 5558, extension 6250 or email email@example.com