Women's Re-Entry Scholarship
The Women's Re-Entry Scholarship is awarded by the Poway-Penasquitos Branch of the American Association of University Women and is intended for a woman who is returning to school of higher education to complete her education.
To be eligible for this award, applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Female high school graduate without a bachelor’s degree
- Re-entry student who has not attended school for at least three years prior to current enrollment
- Enrolled or accepted in a degree program at a community college, four-year college, or a university
- GPA of 2.0 or above with at least one year of college units successfully completed
- Lives or attends school in north San Diego County including the northern part of the City of San Diego
- Demonstrates a financial need but needs not be at poverty level
Applicant should also include a copy of her most recent college transcript, a separate attachment briefly answering "What have you been doing since graduation from high school or leaving college? What are your goals for the future? How will this scholarship help you reach your goals?" and two letters of recommendation from a teacher, employer, minister, etc. (not a family member).
For more information about this award, please visit our website.