USBC Gift for Life Scholarship
The Gift for Life Scholarships are awarded annually to high school students who offer evidence of financial hardships. (*See definition below.) Scholarships will be awarded to twelve (12) USBC Youth members. The winners will receive a $1,000 scholarship managed through the SMART program. In honor of the September 11th heroes, two of these awards one to a male and one to a female, are reserved for a son and daughter of fire/police/emergency rescue personnel.
To be eligible for this award, applicant must:
- Be a USBC Youth member in good standing
- Be a current high school student in grade 9 through 12
- Have a current GPA of 2.0 or better, based on a 4.0 scale
- Have a financial hardship and fully explain the hardship
- Completed application
- Include at least two letters of reference (by a teacher, principal, employer, etc.)
- Include an official or unofficial school transcript
- Return all completed documentation and application to USBC post-marked no later than December 1st (partial or incomplete applications will not be accepted)
- Individuals may apply for and win this scholarship each year they are enrolled in high school
*Definition of Financial Hardship: Candidates will be considered to have financial hardships if they reside in households where the number of children, the income level of their parents and any other extenuating circumstances would make obtaining a college education financially unlikely.