The Zale Parry Scholarship
The Zale Perry Scholarship annually awards deserving individuals $3,000, plus $500 stipend towards travel expenses to the The Scholarship presentation site. Candidates eligible for the scholarship are college students who are seeking to advance their knowledge or enter a professional career in the fields of underwater research, equipment technology or hyperbaric research. The Zale Parry Scholarship is administered by The Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences.
Purpose of The Zale Parry Scholarship:
To offer financial support to individuals seeking to advance their knowledge or to enter professional careers in any of the following fields:
- Ocean exploration
- Diving equipment technology
- Hyperbaric research
- Marine conservation
Selection Criteria: Based on merit and financial need
Candidate Requirements for The Zale Parry Scholarship:
1. Must be a student enrolled in an accredited college or university
2. Must be a certified diver
3. Must be a citizen of North America
Anyone may nominate one or more qualified candidates for The Zale Parry scholarship. Qualified candidates may also apply themselves. For a scholarship application to be processed, the following information must be submitted by August 31st.
- Scholarship candidate’s name, address, phone number, email address
- Nominator’s name, address, phone number, and email address
- Scholarship candidate’s date of birth, U.S. city and state of birth, gender, marital status, etc.
- Scholarship candidate’s resume or CV
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from experts such as (but not limited to) college professors who can vouch for the candidate’s credentials and academic achievements
- 1,000 word essay discussing career goals
- Photocopy of Diving Certification card(s)